Saturday, July 2, 2011

Moving and such

On Monday I was supposed to start my move, but ended up sleeping the entire day away. After the gym I did go take a look at the new house though. I was a little bummed out that I had a smaller room, but my bathroom is nicer and I'm hoping I can move the Roxy dog in with me!!!!

Tuesday, I talked Jamie's daughter, Sara, into coming to help me move my clothes over to my new house. (Mostly because there are stairs in both houses and that's pain to try and walk up and down them a billion times.) I then went to work and had an enjoyable time..

Wednesday, Jenica, Sara, and I moved our entire kitchen. All the pantry and dishes went away. After we moved them we started to set up house. This was fun, but not so much fun. It was fun to set up house and get to decide where things go and set up things, but it was time consuming and exhausting (especially after all the dang stairs!) I was scheduled to go into work, but I managed to bribe my manager into cookies and rice krispies for not making me come in. She said okay (really we were just slow so whatever.) I fell asleep at 7:30 pm because I was so tired.

Thursday, I woke up at 2:30 am! Yes, that's right! (Oh the joys of night shift!) After watching an episode of "Cupcake Wars"I went to breakfast at Ihop with Jamie and then decided I should start packing and cleaning. I then text and called my mom. She said she would come and help me. Sure enough a few hours later my FABULOUS mom was there helping us pack and move and walk the stairs in the blazing heat! She helped clean and pack and do all kinds of things. We went to get lunch and move some stuff over and I saw some smoke and figured a house was on fire. When we got to the house I heard some water leaking from the washer that just was put in and I shut off that water. The landlords ended up shutting off all the water because it was still leaking. At around 2 my mom made me take a nap (Okay not so much made because I was tired and had to work later) At around 2:30 the fans shut off and I just figured maybe there was a little break before they turned it on. It wasn't until I woke up did I realize that electricity was out all throughout town and both houses were now with out AC. HORRIBLE! It was JUNE/JULY and 110 out and there was no AC or ANYTHING! At this point I hated life. I hated everything. At 5 we met at the old place to move furniture and such. This was interesting. A bunch of sweaty men moving our stuff... Sweet! I ended up being late for work (such is life.) My mom stayed to direct the men on where to put my stuff and to help. She is AMAZING!!!!

I ended up getting off work early Friday morning and went back to the old place to clean up so Jenica didn't have to do it all on her own. When I walked into our new house it was crazy! It was like a bomb went off. It was only because they were running out of day light and couldn't see because the electricity was off until 11 pm. I changed and went to the old house, cleaned, and said my farewells. I ended up having to stay else where because the water was still off, but oh well. Life happens!

Today, Saturday, I plan to sleep and then come back to work.

I think I've given up on this "diet." I did a HORRIBLE, and when I say that I mean it, job eating this week because of all the work, moving, and stress that has been happening. Through it all I remained gluten free which is awesome, however I did not stay sugar or carb free.

Oh well... LIFE HAPPENS! I cant' wait to get the new house set up and get back into the swing of the gym and such. I will be calling the landlords today to find out about the Roxy dog! Everyone cross your fingers because this will be a dream come true. I love her and miss her so much. It is going to be a lot of responsibility to have her 24-7 with no one to rely on for help me, but I'm excited to try it out. When I go on vacation she will have to go back to my parents because I don't want her to be scared or lonely. I love her!!!! She is always there when I need her. Never talks back. Always cuddles, gives kisses, and makes me giggle. I can't wait to have her in my life FULL TIME!

1 comment:

  1. (: So glad you have Roxy in your life (: Really hope your landlord will let you have her with you!
    And I can't even imagine no AC down in Mesa!!! I get super grouchy when the temp just gets up to 80 here!

    ReplyDelete