Monday, July 25, 2011

Staycation

What an AMAZING weekend I had!!! ♥

Friday evening Jamie and I ate like food was going out of style. We went and ate subs and then went to his coworkers house where they had cupcakes! It was like they KNEW I wanted cupcakes. The funny part about cupcakes is that I don't LOVE cupcakes, I like them. I have never craved a cupcake before, but going gluten free made me see cupcakes everywhere. (It doesn't help that I watch cupcake wars!) It was an enjoyable evening for sure! We then watched a movie and Jamie was having serious sugar cravings (from dieting) so we went on a sugar run. YUM! By the end of Friday I gained 3 pounds!!!!! I did have quite a bit of pain, but I'm positive it wasn't due to the gluten.

Saturday was the STAYCATION!!!! It was nice to relax in the pool and talk with my friends. I got to know things about people that I never knew before. Jamie and I went to get some water when some strange women was trying to take a picture of Jamie. I was rather shocked by this. I mean yes I know he is hot, but really you're going to take a picture? We went back to the pool and before long 2 ladies came up to us asking who was older between them. They were sisters and honestly I couldn't tell. At the same time we were talking to them the lady taking the picture swam up and asked if we were married? No. In a relationship. YES! She said, "Honestly, You guys are the hottest couple here!" She went on and on about how we compliment each other so well. It was rather sweet! Jamie and I immediately gave each other a high five! One of the older ladies flipped us off for being so cute. (Uh jealousy anyone?) Every time we saw someone from their group they would talk about us being hot. So here is a picture we took as evidence...
Yes, it's true we are hot!

We had so much fun goofing around and talking with people. It was a great way to take a break from the busy week I'll be having.

I am nervous about being back on gluten even though I don't know for sure if it was helping or not. I am nervous about all the tests coming up, but I know that's how I'm going to find answers. 4 doctors appointments in 4 days plus working and regular day to day things. I'm trying so hard to stay positive.

There is this new song that's out by Hot Chelle Ray called "Tonight, Tonight" in the song it says... "I don't know if I'll make it, but watch how good I'll fake it." That is EXACTLY how I feel some days. Some days I don't know if I'll get through all this, but I can sure fake it. I fake a lot of the days away pretending to be pain free and happy. Oh the secret life I live.

I will keep on keepin on! I am blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment