Friday, July 15, 2011

The Point Game

So with the recent attempts to make healthier lifestyle choice I developed this little game for my sisters that live in AZ and my mom to play with me. It's not really anything too hard, but believe me it's harder for me than it looks!

It's played like this...

1 point for saying your prayers
1 point for reading your scriptures or the Ensign
1 point for drinking 2 liters or more water a day
1 point for exercising over 20 min
1 point for eating healthy

-1 point for sugary substances and/or anything you feel you shouldn't be eating

You can only get 5 points in a day, but you can lose as many as you want.

Seriously the sugary one gets me EVERY TIME!

When you get 15 points you can get a milkshake or a special treat with no -1
First person to 100 lets everyone know. We total our points and the person with the least buys the person at 100 lunch or dinner.

I need to devise a better way to track my points. I made calenders, but since I have a Mac it doesn't open... It could be because I don't have the proper agent to open with. <<

This game is a way to get people thinking a little healthier. Physically, Spiritually, and Emotionally.

When I first was saying the rules everyone was going CRAZY because there wasn't set in stone you must do this to get a point. If you feel you deserve that point then by all means you get that point. Everyone is at different places in life so if you feel like you get the point for reading 10 chapters in the scriptures then by all means have it. If you feel like opening up the book gets you the point then there you go. It's not really meant to be a competition with others, but with yourself.

Just thought I would share the fun. Maybe you want to start playing it with people around you. I wish I knew a way to incorporate all the girls in my family, but they don't all live in the same state.

PS... I'm writing this mostly because I'm about to fall asleep at work and I need something to keep my mind working!

xoxo!

PSS. Staycation on the 23rd!!!! yahoo!

PSSSSSSSSSSS. I am not doing the show, but Jamie is still training. It's on the 23rd as well. I hope his hard work pays off. He has worked so hard and looks great!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so going to do it!
    Thank you!!! This is exactly what I need. Next Friday we're headed to AZ where we will be spending 7 weeks with our Families (and working at the pizza store), which will be LOTS of fun but is going to be absolutely terrible for my "After Baby Diet/Exercise Plan"!!! I think this is just what I need to keep me on track.
    I love this because it gives you permission to cheat if you want (cause it doesn't mean you lose completely, you just lose a point), but you have to ask yourself if it's really worth losing that point that could be going towards something so much better! (and since I'm going to count my points are working towards buying a new outfit...I'm pretty sure it'll be good motivation)
    P.S. hope everything goes well at the cardiologists! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete