Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blessings

I figured that most people are starting to think that I'm negative all the time, but in all seriousness I'm actually quite comical and positive. It's been "raining" a lot on me lately, but I have on my rain boots and I'm playing in it.

I am very blessed in my life. I have a family that loves me! They would do anything for me any day of the week. Heavenly Father must have known what he was doing giving me them. Although they may not always love my choices, they love me and support me and NEVER EVER give up on me. What a blessing it is to have them all so close to me (except Aaron and Carrie who live in Colorado.) I enjoy spending time with my nieces and nephews. They can bring a tear to my eye by just saying they love me. They have this pure everlasting love that blesses my life. They are my little angels. It is an amazing feeling to have them close to me. I recall a time after I had surgery and went to my parents and we had a family crisis. We all stepped into high gear and took care of each other. We decided to have a family prayer. We each went around and we each prayed. Hearing children pray for their brother and cousin really touches your heart. How could I not cry? How could I not believe in Heavenly Father? How could I not believe that he hears those small children just as much as he hears me? I'm pretty sure those small children's prayers had more faith than mine. They are so pure. They are such a blessing!

I'm so blessed! I'm blessed to have AMAZING parents. They do so much for me. My mom and dad go out of their way to make sure I'm okay through all of this nonsense! They recently came to pick me and my car up after my er experience. They spent all day with me waiting for my surgery. (I'm pretty sure after the surgery they got a good laugh at me.) Then, the next day, they managed to get me and my car back to their house all in one piece. My mom buys me gluten free flour and we make gluten free meals together. She is the only brave one who will try the new foods with me. She has driven countless hours to and from here to go to doctors appointments with me so I wouldn't be scared and she could ask questions. My Dad has given me so much. (Great, now I'm crying at work writing this!) One day I was having a hard time. My dad must have just known. He sent me a text with a song title saying to you from me. I listened to the song and cried. Whenever I am sad I listen to the song over and over again to make me feel a little closer to home. My dad makes ice cream for me or anyone else for that matter. He likes to pretend he doesn't love my dog Roxy, but I know he takes special care of her since I'm not there. Both my parents support me and love me. When I need something they will always be there. I am not the best child they ever had, but I'm the one that is the most different. I'm not married and they are totally excepting of that. They never push me. They gently guide.

Blessed am I! I am blessed to have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. They are all married and we make up a GREAT big family. Both my sisters are available for phone calls for any hours of the night. My brothers love to goof around with me and play football! My sisters listen and cry with me. They lead me by great examples. They make me laugh. Celissa sends me random packages in the mail. Elizabeth was up here and took me to lunch with her family. Ren often comes up here as well and usually tries to make a point to hang out with me. We are always goofing off and causing mischief. We love to play pranks on each other. Aaron lives a billion miles away it seems, but is always just a text away. I was out camping with some friends and I needed some help and he text back right away and let me know what I should do to get the food ready.

My life is blessed! I am so blessed to have Jamie in my life. He has been by my side through some of the worst things in my life. He was there when my pain first started up until today almost a year later when I still struggle with the pain. He has been in my life for over a year and a half and has been through a lot. Seriously I am not exaggerating. He deals with my yelling, crying, laughing, and so much more. I take a lot out on him and usually I realize it and say sorry. Even the times I don't say sorry he just takes it. He has worked so hard to understand everything that's going on. The minute I found out I have endo he googled it and started learning. He is always searching for answers. He is constantly trying to help me. What an amazing SELFLESS man. He gives so much of himself. He is truly a blessing in my life. I don't know how I could have come so far with out him. He has helped me become healthier mentally, physically, and spiritually. I remember a time when we sat down to dinner and he bowed his head quickly before he ate. I said, "Did you just pray?" He said, "Yeah." I was so shocked. I have never had a boyfriend to pray before every meal. What a great example that was to me. When I was in the ER he was at work and so he couldn't stay for long. Just before he hit the streets he took my hand, bowed his head, and told me to close my eyes. I of course peaked my eyes open to see him mouthing words. He was praying for me. Wow! What faith this man has!

I'm blessed to have friends who support me and worry about me!
I'm blessed to have a job.
I'm blessed to have a car.
I'm blessed to have a house.
I'm blessed to have food (well not currently... I've been working too much.)
I'm blessed to have clothes.
I'm blessed to have so many blessings!

I AM SO BLESSED to know I have a Father in Heaven who loves me so much. He knows my pain. He knows my joy. Sometimes it's very hard to remember this because the pain overcomes me and I feel empty and alone. But I'm not. NEVER EVER! I'm a daughter of God and he knows my name. He will never leave me alone. Never. Not once. I often feel his love in my life. When I look at my blessings how can I not see his love. He sends guardian angels to watch over me and give me lots of hugs. ****Thanks Tim and Aunt Norma and who ever else is out there watching over me**** I know with all my heart that He thinks I'm strong enough to handle, but I'm having a hard time trusting myself to be strong. Thank you for the blessings!!!

♥ ♥ ♥

2 comments:

  1. wow, he sounds wonderful. What a great person to stick with you and support you. I will pray for you both that you are happy and healthy. You deserve to live a long and happy life together. I look forward to hearing all the great pain free healthy days ahead. CHEERS!!

    ReplyDelete