Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Review

Last week I went and talked to my counselor and he told me a few things I thought were comical and good ideas actually. When I get mad I can do some of the following things...
Scream.
Turn up my music LOUD.
Punch a punching bag.
Tear up paper.
Write.
Paint.
Those are the ones I can remember. I like that he said I can turn up my music when I'm mad. I'm trying to work on figuring out my real emotions that come out through anger.

Saturday, after working Friday night, I went to my Great Uncle's funeral. It was really good. I know that seems strange to say, but when I left I was happy inside. It was so good to see all my family. I have this 2nd cousin named Michelle, it was her dad, and I was very excited to see her. I was also happy to see the rest of my family of course. I didn't go to the burial because it was in Pima and I needed to come back home since I had been up for almost 24 hours and I was driving! My uncle Wayne was/is a great man. He leaves behind a big legacy of love. He supported me in my Miss Arizona pageant and was one of my sponsors. I'm so glad that I knew him. I know I will see him again some day and that is great comfort to me.

Monday I went to a luau for FHE and there were hula dancers and a guy who twirled fire. There was a family who sang songs and played the guitar, ukulele, and sang. I was really impressed.

Today I'm back to work. I'm exhausted. We opened our new ER and it has been crazy. We are still getting the hang of everything and we are wishing things were different because it's so LOUD! My stress level is probably an 8 since we moved to the new ER. Oh well. I'll get used to it.

I want to start writing things that I'm thankful for....
Today I am thankful for my beautiful blonde hair. Sure it has a LOT of split ends and needs to be cut DESPERATELY, but I love it. I love the way it's blonde. I love the way it's not to long and not to short. I love the way I can flip it over my shoulder and put it in a pony tail. I love the way I can get out of the shower and go if I need to. I love the way I can rock a braid or whatever. I am thankful for my beautiful blonde hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment