Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sleepless Night

The last few weeks I've been battling a sinus infection. My head has been killing me. I finally went to the doctor yesterday. He gave me an antibiotic and told me to keep taking over the counter medicine to drain the mucus. I feel like death still. My head feels like its going to explode! I want it to go away. I want to train so badly, but my head hurts even worse! I'm sure it will get better soon. I need to go back to sleep, but my body hates me! It protests me. BLA!

On a better note. Jamie completed his first week at motor school. Motor school is where he is learning how to ride a motorcycle for work. He is learning how to do life saving tactics if he ever gets put in a bad situation. I am very nervous still about this motor officer nonsense. Last week I went with Jamie and his crew to an officers funeral. All of his crew road their bikes and to watch them form in their lines and ride was amazing. We road with two sergeants in the car and were also able to be in the funeral procession. People lined the streets with flags to honor the fallen officer. One man was on the side of the free way with his head bowed and hand on his heart. For fallen officers they do what is called the last call. This is a real tear jerking experience. At the cemetery the dispatcher calls the officers badge number. He doesn't respond. They call again and this time say the address of the cemetery. He doesn't respond. The last time they call they told him to go be with Heavenly Father and that is his new calling was to watch over his family and be with God. I cried. I could not keep it composed. I watched hundreds of officers all weep over the loss of one of their owns. I do not want this to be my Jamie. He told me that all motor officers wreck at least once in their life times. That is not comforting at all! I just have to let God take care of him and pray nothing happens. This coming week the families of those members going through the motor school are all invited to come watch. I'm excited to watch and to see for myself that he is safe.

Did I mention he is doing AMAZING! He is sore because his big strong muscles aren't used to do those moves. Oh and not to mention they teach them how to properly fall off the bike so they don't get hurt. So he has been practicing his falls. Ouch! He is my super hero though and Superheroes don't bruise ♥ He is so amazing.

Okay I'll try and go back to sleep now.

1 comment:

  1. They do the last call for the soldiers too. They call out their names three times to the formation and then they do the same thing basically with reverence.

    ReplyDelete