Monday, January 16, 2012

Dallas- Meeting the Mom

(I started this last week) The 4 days I spent my time is Dallas, Texas doing many things. First and foremost... I met Jamie's mom! I must say I was very VERY nervous because this is such a big step in our relationship. His mom and Steve (his stepdad) were very nice people and treated me with so much love. It was nice to be there and be apart of that.

His mom and Steve are both Korean and that's all they eat. I tried dried up fried seaweed and about lost all my cookies. I also tried sprouts which I was also not so fond of. Through it all I made it out okay with frequent trips to the bathroom because my tummy was not accustom to all this different food.

We met Jamie's half brother that he had never met before. It was quite a different experience. He was able to learn more about his father that had died when Jamie was still pretty young. We wanted to meet up with the rest of his half brothers but it just didn't pan out that way.

We did meet up Jamie's brother Marcus and his daughter, Navia. We took them out to lunch and went to the mall. 

On Jamie's birthday we were planning on going to Six Flags, but sadly it was closed. Instead we went to this HUGE mall and looked around. We went to Sephora and I bought new make up and Jamie bought new manly face stuff like shaving cream and such. They were even nice enough to show me how to put on my make up and how to clean my brushes and such. While at the mall we did wander into Tiffany's. It started out purely innocent because I'm in love with that place. I found a charm bracelet I really want and then a crown to go on it. As we were leaving I walked back by the engagement rings (as any girl would do) and before I knew it the sales guy was trying to get Jamie to buy me a ring. As we walked out the doors we laughed SOOOO hard because the guy was talking about money like it grew on trees and we had enough to just lay it all down right then. I decided to put in on FB that we were on Tiffany's with the caption "Yeah this is happening" in a flurry everyone was commenting and liking it as they assumed I was getting married. Jamie and I laughed about that too.

Jamie's birthday night we went to a Teppanyaki place that was really good. It was a lot different than in Hawaii. In Hawaii the cooks are very quiet and don't make a big deal about anything, but there, in Texas, everything is big with a lot of fire and fun. I liked it except for when I was trying to have a conversation and the guy kept interrupting me with his tricks.

I enjoyed spending time getting to know his mom and Steve. It was cool to see where he grew up and his home town, although everything has changed. I passed the Mom test!

I can't wait to start planning my next vacation with Jamie ♥

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. I too have "issues" with trying some new foods. Darn IBS!

    Glad you passed the mom test.

    Never been to Tiffany's but I love their website.

    ReplyDelete