Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nothing Will Stop Me

Last year my sister Elizabeth competed in her first triathlon. Ever since we had it in our minds that the next one we will be doing together! Sadly she moved all the way to Utah at the beginning of January. However our goal is not over. She heard about an all women's triathlon in Utah around where she lives. We talked about doing it and over the last week I have been training. Today we signed up. We sealed the deal by buying our place in the run. I'm extremely nervous, but VERY excited.

It's scary for me because every time I push my body it seems to push back. I told Jamie that I don't care how mad my body gets I am doing this triathlon even if it kills me. I want to be able to accomplish this and who better to do it with then my sister!

For those of you wondering.... No I'm not taking a bike up there. Elizabeth's husband has one that I can use. No I am not going to drive there because it's too far. I will be flying up there a few days before to get adjusted. I feel like I should go up there some time in April to see how I am doing, but I need to make sure I have the money to do so.

The date for the triathlon is May 19, 2012 and my training has already begun because I'm not sure how long it will take me to get my endurance up that high. I have never trained on a bike before so that should be interesting for sure. I used to swim all the time about 10 years ago when I was on the swim team. I ran last year the warrior dash so I think I'm okay with the run, but we will see how it all meshes together in the end.

For me the swim is easy yet hard because you have to time your breathing with the strokes. The bike would be easy if it was a flat road with no hills, but I don't think I'll get that lucky. The run will be nice minus the fact that I HATE running unless I'm going to save a person's life.

My first time in the pool I was pretty positive that I wasn't ever going to finish my work out, but when I did it was the BEST feeling in the entire world! Yesterday was my first time on the bike in over 2 years and I honestly wasn't sure what to expect. It was an awesome work out. I went straight from the bike to a short little jog just to get my legs used to the feeling. It's awkward. My legs felt like straight JELLO. All the sports use different muscle groups so it is weird.

All I know is that this is a goal I have set for myself and nothing is going to stop me. Not this stupid endo pain that has been really bad all week. Not these stupid bad cells that are just chillin in my cervix. Not even the snow would stop me. I don't care how long it takes me as long as I finish!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Too many of us let the pain rule our lives. We need more people like you that remember that there is more to life than the pain of endometriosis.

    I hope you do well in the triathlon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot! You both will be awesome. Now I just need to get my rear in gear and get ready to do one with you both as well! Sister power baby! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete