Sunday, June 26, 2011

Stupid Men at the Gym

Yesterday (Friday) while I was at the gym the strangest thing happened. I showed up with Jamie, but however we parted ways once we got there because there was work to be done. I was in between sets when Jamie caught my eye. He ended up on a machine across from me. He didn't talk to me just went to work. All of the sudden a man in his 30's RUNS, seriously, up to him and starts talking to him. I could hear part of what he was saying and he the man gesturing in my direction. I figured it was one of Jamie's coworkers or friends. I moved to my next exercise and thought nothing of it.


Later, I needed help with one of my lifts so I asked Jamie if he could help me. He said yes and came over. I then asked him who that running man was. He said, "Oh he was playing racquet ball with a friend and they were staring at you. He apologized for staring at you and said he didn't know you were with me. I told him, "it's okay she is something nice to look at."



SERIOUSLY! WHO DOES THAT! Who admits they were staring at someone. I clearly didn't know they were staring at me or else I would have given them dirty looks. So WHY would you admit that?! AND WHY did he RUN up to Jamie?! If only I was exaggerating the fact that he ran.... but I'm not. He for sure RAN!



Next, I was at the free weights and there were these stupid guys in their 20's. The guys work out and then the girlfriend sits there and reads a book. They kept picking up the weights and then dropping them. It was getting annoying. It was so loud every time they dropped they weights! They weren't even picking up the weights with the correct form. So... in my loudest quietest voice I said, "Maybe if they could read they could see that sign that says DO NOT DROP THE WEIGHTS!" Well the girlfriend started laughing and told the guys. They waited until I moved back to the machines to start up again. Just because I'm across the gym doesn't mean your weights are any quieter! I seriously considered getting them kicked out. I would have said something to them directly, but stupid guys don't listen to women.



Today when I went all the crazy guys were not there so I was able to enjoy my work in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment