Sunday, September 30, 2012

True Love

Jamie and I have had our share of ups and downs a few months ago. It was really hard on both of us and I was starting school so that just made everything worse. Sometimes I tell people too much about him and I and that just comes back to bite me in the butt. People love to tell me how to run my life and what decisions I need to make in regards to him. I do really good at keeping things to myself, but then I start trusting people and that's where things always go back full circle.

I just don't understand how I can tell my best friend and even my parents about the things Jamie has done, but they do not judge me for staying. I remember bawling all the way to my parents house in the car with my parents after my wisdom teeth removal. I told my dad how much I love him and yes the things he did hurt me, but I just can't walk away. He told me I didn't need to make a decision right then and there, but to make a decision and stick by it. I chose to stay.

To be honest I rarely see him now days because I'm always away at school. We see each other on the weekends and that is sparingly because of work for him and I. We are making things work.

Quite frankly I don't need people telling me about my relationship. I don't need your advice. I don't need you telling me he is cheating on me or that I'm stupid for staying with him. I just get so irritated when my "friends" love to tell me these things. If my parents can accept my decision then you should to.

This past week was a real test... with Princess (the dog) and the stress of school was just taxing. I called Jamie when I did well on my skills testing and he told me he was proud of me! The days following I kept him posted about Princess and he never ONCE told me I was stupid for crying over the dog. Let's just be real... Any guy would be like it's a dog get over it. Not my Jamie. He was supportive and understands that it's not just about the dog dying but it's the fact that it's CANCER. He has been there for my own personal battle and has been there for all the tears and cheers related to that. I was really REALLY impressed by his love. He never tried to cut me off while I was telling him how I felt. He never said he was too busy or anything of the sort. He cared. Cared about the silly family dog. Cared about how it was impacting me.

He has really been a blessing in my life. I don't understand how some people are so blind to that. I guess I know the truth because I live it.

Sometimes when things start to go bad I regress and think Jamie is my ex who used to be abusive in every way. So to make up for not doing anything in the past to protect myself I go CRAZY. I mean CRAZY. I do things with out thinking.

Now I'm not saying some of things he has done are just peachy, but I know that I should not have reacted the way I did.

I give Jamie serious props for being able to see past the things I have done to him. He must love me a whole lot. Wow! That is true love.

Jamie is my best friend, my side kick, my stronger half, and the man I love. If you have a problem with that then you have no business being in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy that you have found love. It's good that he has stuck with you through the good and bad. There are a lot of people that decide that the bad isn't worth staying around for, even though love is still there. If they don't like your life than don't have them be part of it.

    ReplyDelete