Monday, September 3, 2012

Boy Oh Boy

Nursing school is getting the best of me. I actually don't know if it's so much nursing school or everything else that is going on with nursing school.

Here is my life:
Sunday-Sleep because I work Saturday night- Wake up early-ish. Drive to my parents for school.
Monday- 8 am school (I work nights. That's a little hard)
Tuesday- School and study, STUDY!
Wednesday-School and more and more STUDYING!
Thursday- Sleep in. School 12-4. Drive directly from school for 2.5 hours to get to work by 645 pm.
Friday-Sleep and Work
Saturday-Sleep and Work

Repeat for the next 2 years!!!!

Seriously I do not have ONE day to relax. Everyday I'm not only shuffling, but I'm also constantly on the go. (Lame play on words with the lyrics... Everyday I'm shufflin...) I just long for the week where I have ONE DAY OFF! Just one. ONE! One where I do not have to get out of my pajamas or think about where I need to go next. What I need to study for or where my next clinical is... granted I haven't even started my clinicals yet!

I know in October things are going to get a little better and I just need to endure until then, but man this is HARD! I went from just working 3 days on 2 off 3 on and then 6 off!!!! I loved those 6 days. I was so lazy on those day, minus going to the gym. The last 2 weeks I can't even think about going to the gym although it would probably be the best thing to relieve some of this stress. I need some sort of goal physically to work on while I struggle through this. I need something that I love that will make me happy.

Best part about being home... Homemade food, Roxy dog, Family, and that's probably about it. Oh and bean burro's from the place I used to work in high school. I love bean burros! YUM!

2 comments:

  1. I hope it does get a bit easier for you. College can be fun but working while in college, I did it too, can make things rather interesting when you try to find time for finals. I know you can do it. You'll find that right balance in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going through this too right now! I am not workin but I am a SAHM to my toddler!! You need to find a balance though! You can only run full speed for so long,.. so a long term plan is to find a way to make sometime for yourself.

    ReplyDelete