Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cruise

What a FABULOUS week it has been. As I sit here at my parents watching football with my brother and Roxy I can't help, but feel so blessed.

On Monday morning Jamie and I flew out to Los Angeles where we caught a shuttle to go get on the boat for our cruise. The ship is of course HUGE and some how still floats on the water.  Once we boarded the ship we ate lunch and looked around. We finally were allowed into our rooms so we checked that out and it was pretty small.

Our small room

We unpacked our luggage and hung out for a bit. After we walked around some more. We were up getting something to eat again around 6 when the boat set sail. I am scared of heights so I was really nervous getting close to the edge. 

Us as we drifted out to sea!

That night we set up our adventures for the next days and Jamie realized he forgot his swim shorts so we had to buy some new ones. I am obsessed with Roxy and the store on the ship had roxy gear! I tried on all the hats, but I didn't buy a single one!


We went to our first dinner and met our table mates. There was a couple from Scotland, a couple from Australia, a couple from The Philippines, and a couple from Oregon. It was a fun experience getting to know everyone! I loved just listening to them all talk and compare stories about life.


On Tuesday we were in Catalina Island. We did a work out in the boat's gym first thing. That was AWESOME! I watched as people parasailed and went out boating. That afternoon we went to shore  where we went snorkeling. We didn't bring our camera because we didn't want it to get stolen or wet. I enjoyed holding Jamie's hand and just floating with the waves. I did get pretty cold because the water is FREEZING. They did give us wet suits. Jamie got a special one because he didn't fit into the other ones. Even the instructor said he could be a wet suit model! DELISH!

Tuesday night we dressed up in nice clothes and had dinner. They whole boat was dressed in nice clothes. It's always nice to get dressed up and go to dinner. My favorite part about dinner every night was that I got a chocolate fudge cake with ice cream! YUMMMM!!!!

Wednesday we arrived in Ensenada, Mexico. First thing in the morning we went kayaking and saw the World's biggest blow hole! It was AWESOME!!!!!! The waves come in and because of the pressure the water shoots up between the rocks over 100 ft in the air!


As Jamie was taking some pictures an animal jumped out of the water and I FREAKED out! Later we saw some seals and I realized the animal I saw was a seal. Because of the kelp that is so dense in that area it's a good habitat for fish which is also great feeding grounds for the seals. It was so cool to be so close to seals in their natural habitat.

After the kayaking we went to the ship, got cleaned up, and went back out shopping. We ate at a great little taco place and enjoyed the environment and weather! I bought some natural vanilla for my mom and I and a shirt. Jamie bought some things for him and Sara. As we were walking back to the ship there was a young boy around 7 that was trying to get us to buy bracelets. His younger brother maybe was 3 was walking around with just a cup. It was a reality check for sure.
Once we got back on the boat Jamie went to the gym while I napped because I had pushed myself too hard and my body was PISSED at me. So I napped. 
At dinner our table mates bought us presents from Mexico which included a flute. We did a little train line and I played my flute the whole way around the dining room. It was fun to just make fools of ourselves!

Thursday we spent all day at sea. Mostly it was for those people who drink, smoke, and gamble. Since we don't do any of those things we laid out and caught some sun rays! As we laid out we saw dolphins off in the distance. How beautiful! How amazing!!!! After lunch we went back and laid out some more! Later we went to the gym again and being able to see the ocean made working out not so boring. The ocean is so relaxing! We decided that it would be fun to watch the sun set. So that's exactly what we did!

Us watching the sun set!





Friday we left the ship and flew back to Arizona. I decided later that night to come and see my family. So that's what I did!

Saturday morning I played football with my family and I had a blast.

Here I sit with Roxy next to me feeling so blessed.

I AM BLESSED!!!!

I am thankful for Jamie and his love and devotion to me. I'm thankful for his strength that keeps me fighting. I'm thankful for my family and their love for me! I'm am blessed to have such amazing people in my life!

These are the memories that will never fade! ♥

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun cruise! Glad you had such a beautiful week. You deserved a break from all the craziness that is your life!

    ReplyDelete