Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Motor Officer



It's official! Jamie is now a motor officer with wings to prove it! I am so proud of him!!! I had to crop the picture because I didn't want everyone in the whole world to know his last name especially if they don't like him. The most important part of this picture anyways is the new addition... the wings! 

He has been dreaming about this day for a really long time. He told me last night that he wishes he would have listened to his friend and would have done it 6 years ago, but I'm glad he didn't because we would have never met if that were the case. Right now is the time and God is great! I'm so happy that his dream has come true and he now gets to do what he has been wanting to do for a really REALLY long time. He deserves this more than anyone. He loves to get those DUI's and that's what he is going to be doing. Sadly that means missing out on more holidays than he did before and working a lot of over time and that means going to more funerals because that's what they do. I'm okay with all those things because I know that he has worked so hard to earn those wings and wants to do this. 

Last night we went to dinner and celebrated! I found out a few things about him that I never knew. I thought I knew EVERYTHING about him, but I was wrong. I found out yesterday he doesn't like the color green. I had to laugh because honestly I never knew that. I hardly wear green so I guess that is good. I'm usually wearing my blue scrubs or my pj's on my days off because I'm so exhausted.

This past week I work 5 12 hour shifts because I wanted the OT pay. I'm not exactly sure what in the heck I was thinking. I'm so happy to have days off! Today Jamie and I are driving to my parents house which is about 2.5 hours away to attend a baby blessing for my newest nephew. To be honest I didn't think Jamie would attend because it's at the church and he wants nothing to do with my religion. So for him to make this sacrifice to just attend is like a HUGE, BIG, ENORMOUS deal for me. I can't even believe he is coming. I had asked him to come, but he said no. I finally gave up asking and just went on with life. Friday after his ceremony he told me he was thinking about going to my parents and that he wants to come. When I asked him why he said that I have made a lot of sacrifices for him and that it was a simple sacrifice for him to make. He said, "What would I be doing at home anyways with out you there?" He brought up a good point! 

I'm so proud of Jamie. He is an amazing man and God has given him this opportunity and we are so blessed. I love MY motor officer ♥

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Tell him Congratulations!

    He went because he loves you. I hope you both had a splendid time together on the drive, the event and home again.

    ReplyDelete