Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Caution: Work In Progress

I am moving forward with my New Years resolutions which are to do this triathlon and to do a fitness show. I have been doing well with my tri training. Except I seem to be pushing myself a little to hard which should come as no surprise to anyone. It's hard to train for an hour and a half to 2 hours and still go to work at night and be a normal human. I seemed to have gotten sick from another small child and I'm trying to take it easy so I don't upset my body again, but it's hard because I know I have a deadline to make.

Monday I started my diet for the fitness show. I hate dieting. It's low carb, no sugar, high protein, low fat and stuff. I have my best friend Randa and Jamie doing it with me. Randa is my person. Seriously it's so nice to have her going through it with me at the same time because she loves to eat sugar just as much as I do and doesn't judge my crazy thoughts. We love to send each other motivating pictures and quotes to keep each other going. It's so different than Jamie. I told him today that dieting sucks and he said it was a bad attitude to have in the beginning. Psh whatever Jamie you have done this diet like 100 times being a body builder and are used to it. I however am not.

Jamie and I are doing the diet in different phases. He is doing the first phase with me which is made up of 5 weeks. He decided that it would be super fun to NOT weigh ourselves for 5 weeks and then at the end of the 5 weeks weigh in and video ourselves. It sounds fun and all but it's also nice to step on the scale every morning and see your progress. I have gotten into the habit of weighing myself that breaking that habit has kind of been hard.

Today I'm really upset that I'm sick again. It's so annoying. Sore throat. Runny nose. Cough. Head ache. It's all so stupid! I want to push through and continue training, but I don't want to be set back again like last time. Am I doing something wrong with my training to get so sick all the time. I'm taking my multivitamin, astixanthin, krill oil, and like 5 other meds each morning just to ensure I stay healthy. Clearly not working! Sigh.

I am applying for nursing schools again. I'm excited and nervous. Hopefully I have all my ducks in a row this time. I'm applying for the college where my parents live. I'm not sure how it will work with my work that I so desperatly don't want to leave. I love my job! I will be commuting back and forth if I do indeed get in. It will be nice because I will get to see my family more and my Roxy dog that I love so much.

As for my endo pain... Well it comes and goes. The other morning as I was leaving for work I had a friend hold my hand the whole way out. For some reason I could not put any weight on my right side because the pain was so horrible. I managed to make it through my car and get home into bed. I was wishing I could just drop where I was, but that wasn't an option. There were things I had to do before I could drop.

I am really excited because this weekend I'm going home to my parents to just relax and do nothing really. It will be so nice to just be home where my mommy can take care of me if I need her too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that must be a relief knowing that your mom is so willing to help you out when you aren't feeling good. I'm glad that you have such a good support system since its very important for those of us with endo to have one. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete