Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Today was a great day. I spent Wednesday night working so I knew my time would be limited on Thursday before I had to return again to work. Wednesday evening my brother that is just older than me text me and asked if I would be coming to play football for the annual family football game. I explained to him no that I would be working and so I wouldn't be able to come. He then asked where I would be eating turkey at. I told him that I had no plans because I was working and Jamie doesn't really do anything special for Thanksgiving. He told me that they would be coming to his in laws house and invited me to come eat at their house for dinner. I was thrilled!

I know my brother and I aren't that close, I could tell you thousands of stories about that, but he really cares about me and it's really the little things like this that matter in life ♥

After I ate I got to hold their baby and bounce her to sleep. Another moment that matters most in life ♥

I called my mom and we talked for the longest time about nonsense really. She cracks me up! A moment that matter most ♥

I went to Jamie's before work. Jamie and Sara were sitting in the living room watching a movie. I laid down my head on his lap and just took in the moment. It was a beautiful moment ♥

Now I'm at work surrounded by my work family and just having a good night. Yeah sure we are busy, but we are managing to make it a good night regardless of the patients that keep coming in.

Thanksgiving turned out nothing like I expected in my mind, but that just goes to show that our plans aren't always the ones that matter most.

Mostly today I'm thankful to be alive. I thankful for the body that I have and that I get to live here, now and I get to see all these little moments in life that mean the most to me. I'm thankful to have a body to rock these trials with class and elegance. Being alive is pretty much AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. Often we forget, I do it a lot myself, to be thankful for those special moments. Its nice to see that you mentioned them in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I just love you! Thanks for making me remember how important it is to enjoy the little moments. You reminded me that life may not be perfect, but we can enjoy the moments that matter. (:

    ReplyDelete