Friday, March 25, 2011

Obesity

Wednesday I went with my friend Jess to a nutrition store because we had a card for free smoothies and body analysis. I was excited because I'm trying to be more health conscious and figured this would be fun. We go and it was this place where everyone knew everyone, there was chill music, and just a laid back atmosphere. We give them out card and they start talking to us about the nutrition program they are running. First we drink aloe vera mango water. That was delish!!!! It felt clean and pure. Next we had some tea. I'm not a fan of tea, but it was okay. Last we had a protein shake that was supposed to taste like cake batter. Forget that! I can only say it tasted like protein. It was not very good at all. They sat us down and we started to do our body analysis. Then began to go over the results. The boy that was doing the results was probably around 19ish and didn't know very much about nutrition and health. He was showing us a chart with body fat percentages and tells me I'm obese. I told him, "Um excuse me I don't think I'm obese. Look at me I'm not obese!" My friend Jess said, "Um yeah I don't think that is right." He said, "Um I don't know I guess we will just say you're at risk." I seriously almost punched that guy in the face! Sorry that's just my aggressive side coming out! But seriously! Jess told me that we will have to go back in a few weeks and see if there is a drastic change in those numbers.

I told Jamie and he said that maybe I should do a dunk tank because that is the most accurate. Those hand held devices at the gym (or nutrition store) are not always correct. OBVIOUSLY!

I'm trying to figure out when I should run with work. Should I run before work or after. It's such a major decision to make!

Jamie will soon start dieting down for his next show and I plan to do the show and diet with him. I am SUPER excited!!!! We get to be back stage together and it will be easier to diet when he is doing the same. We are also have a contest of who is sexier.

No comments:

Post a Comment