Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Very First

On May 26, 2012 was my VERY first REAL concert. AHHH!

I wasn't sure who I was going to go with because my friends had to work and my old room mate had some things come up so she couldn't go. A few days before the concert... litterally the Thursday before I was talking about it again to my coworker who I first asked, Meg (who I went to Hawaii with) and we decided to see if she could get off that Saturday night to come with. Our awesome manager let her off the hook as long as she promised to check in after the concert to make sure the team was okay.

We saw Sugarland and I LOVED IT! I can't believe how amazing Jennifer is. We sang and danced around to all the songs. They even played my favorite song! "Take Me As I Am." My FAVORITE lines are...
"If you want it
Come and get it
If you want it, come and get it but understand
You take me as I am

I know these corners, I know these streets
The curb-side Prophet there yelling at me
He can save my soul for a drink and a dollar
Yeah, he's yelling about my tattoos
But we all live with the scars we choose
They might hurt like hell, but they all make us stronger"

I just really connect with this song and was so thrilled when they played it. I just was taking it all in! My life has just been so crazy lately and I feel like I'm finally doing the things that I've been putting off for another day.

Maybe having this Pre-C scare is what I needed to get myself in gear. I am not taking things for granted and am finally doing things I want and not depending on others to be there.

If you can recall I was very excited because Jamie said that he would go with me to these concerts because it's something I wanted and loved. Guess who was the first to say no? Yes, you are correct... him. Oh well. It's probably better that way since people were smoking and stuff and he always goes crazy about people that smoke. Besides he wouldn't have known any of the songs and Meg knew everything and we even got to sing to each other.

Life is good, life is bad, but really it's what we make of it that matters.

I had a goal of doing a bikini show this summer. Although I'm in good shape I'm not where I want or need to be for the show and won't be participating. I was kind of sad. You know the... I let myself down... AGAIN. I let another show pass me by. But to be honest I've been having so much fun doing other things that are more important to me than some silly bikini show. All the girls there have fake b..bs and some have wigs. I'm more into being all natural and earning what I deserve. Maybe I'll do a show someday, but today is not that day. This summer has started off so AMAZING and I can't wait to see what else becomes of it!



1 comment:

  1. I have no clue why a woman would want to do the fake boobs and wig when she has a healthy body. I could understand if her hair fell out and she had to have a mastectomy.

    Hey, just knowing that you can wear a bikini is an achievement. Right now I wouldn't dare without first losing 40 of the 60 pounds I need to lose.

    ReplyDelete