Monday, April 9, 2012

Work It!

Last week I really decided that in order for me to really meet the goals I want for myself I was going to have to push myself extra hard to get them. Like I have said in my previous blogs I have been working out and such. Did I mention that I also am working too?

Working 12 hour shifts really kicks your butt. Then I need to sleep at some point. And I have forced myself to figure out time to work out. It's been hard. Today (still my "Sunday" although everyone else's Monday) was luckily my rest day along with Thursday was as well. So really today is my 4th day of work and I've only had to work out 2 of those days. However those were the hardest days of my life. Trying to convince myself to get out of bed and move was like trying to convince a child to take a nap. Oh how I would love a nap right now.

Monday, today (kinda), I have to bike. This will be one of the shorter rides that I have had to do, but I'm still so sore and exhausted that here I am convincing myself to do it HOURS before I even have to.

Wednesday I'm flying out to go see one of my sisters in Utah! (HAPPY DAY!!) I am so excited to see her and her family! We also are going to be going over the track for the tri. I'm nervous about that because where I come from, or should I say where I ride, I don't have any serious hills and I know in Utah there will be a hill. I'm not sure how big this hill is, but I've been warned there is a hill.

From working my 12 hour job- 6 days in a row and working out... I've just been working it. Work and work! I feel great about myself, but boy how I just want to sleep with no alarm going off to wake me reminding me of something I need to do. Oh how I want to eat an entire carton of ice cream with out batting an eye. It's okay though. I know that in a little over 5 weeks I will be rocking that tri and in a little over 14 I will be rocking the stage! BRING IT!

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you for just trying to do all of this! Good luck on the Triathlon!

    ReplyDelete