Sunday, May 1, 2011

Warrior Dash

I'm sooooooo HAPPY! I did it!

I DID IT! I FINISHED THE RACE!

I think I could cry because I am so happy!

Saturday night I stayed up late with some friends for a birthday. I finally fell asleep, but in the middle of my few hours of sleep I kept waking up with my heart pounding in my chest and I would have to look at the clock to make sure I didn't miss my alarm. I did this probably 10 times.

We all met at a co worker's house, Leslie and her husband Tate. From there we carpooled to Florence where we would be greeted with this sign...


To this I firmly replied out loud, "NO! I'm a princess! I'm the one they come to save." Of course everyone thought that was funny because, well let's face it, I think I am a princess. The name on the back of my shirt was Warrior Barbie! Enough said!

Well I continued to have anxiety up until the race. I was not sure what I was even thinking putting myself through this. All I knew was I made a promise to myself to do this and I was going to finish. I was not going to back down now! I was here I was ready to run... Kind of.

As you can see we wore plaid skirts to show how warrior we were. (PS the paper makes me look fat boo) Meg, Kristin and I are the ones in this picture. We all had the nurse skull and cross bones on the front and some kind of name on the back.

Thanks to my nerves I had to use the restroom... Well that is just a row of Porto potties. Not very classy!

So finally it was 1 and we were lined up at the start line. I was super nervous. I kept dancing around because I was scared.

The flame went of and that was the signal to RUN!
We ran and ran and ran and ran some more. We basically split off into 3 groups. Straight walkers. Walkers with a little running. and Running with a little walking. I was proud to be in the Running with a little walking club! It was so much fun!

There were all kinds of obstacles. Jumping over fire, army crawl through mud, walls to climb, running through a creek, and many MANY more.

When I was done I felt so FABULOUS! I was covered head to toe with mud, but I felt like a million dollars. So what I wasn't the fastest, but I finished strong. I proved to myself I can do things! I needed that!


That's me in the front left. Covered in mud, but beautiful as ever INSIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment