Tuesday, January 25, 2011

End of week 2. Starting week 3.

Well last week was rough... I got busy with work so I didn't get to post every day which I had wanted to. Let me tell you about last week!

Work was INSANE! I'm talking we saw a record number of kids for our emergency room every single day I worked. Apparently it's the "RSV" season as we call it. Because of the business of the season we rarely get to eat in the cafeteria (not like it's really that healthy, but it's better than nothing.) Some of the staff, usually the doctors and once a nurse, buys pizza on busy days. So last week I ate pizza 2 or 3 times... oh and once I left early for work and picked up some dairy queen. (Jamie, I hope you don't read this!) I've also had a few smoothies (2) and probably way more carbs than I should have. After the busy work week I went to see my family because my sister had her baby <3 I ate "Casa Manana" (a bean burro enchilada style.) I also had french toast, homemade pizza and a rootbeer float.

Some how... I managed to lose 4 pounds. It might be because I've really stepped it up at the gym. I've been doing more cardio, which I'm not fond of, and I've been lifting heavy.

GYM STORY-
Yesterday at the gym I was lifting a heavy set for a chest work out. I was already having a bad day and didn't really want to be at the gym, but I went. Jamie was spotting me and he knows everyone at the gym. Well as I'm doing my last set (heaviest) I may have grunted a few times. Some guy started grunting along with me. I let the weights down and lunged for him. It was a good thing Jamie was there because this guy would have been a goner! I was so embarrassed that someone was making fun of me I ran out of the gym. 15 min later I came back and told Jamie I hate the gym and I never want to come back because I'm so embarrassed. He explained the guy was playing with me and teasing me. I didn't care. It was disrespectful because I didn't even know the guy. I told him to take me home or to let me have the keys. He just kept saying are you serious. I then started to cry again and ran into the bathroom. I sat in the steam room for another 15 min. Then some girl came in there and was texting. I was annoyed by that so I left. I went out of the bathroom and the guy came up and appologized. I told him it was okay but I didn't like it because it made me feel awkward and embarrassed. I told him I didn't want to come back to the gym. He felt really bad and kept saying sorry. In the end I asked him his name and we called it "cool." His name is Brian. I did kind of felt bad later for making a big deal out of nothing, but I have a complex about the gym and was so embarrassed that people were paying attention to me!

Today at the gym was better.. I pushed myself that is for sure! I'm not sure if I will be able to walk in the morning!!!!

Hopefully next Tuesday I will be down to 127, but that means I need to get serious about this eating right stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment