Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Almost Time to Tri

Saturday is my triathlon. I'm nervous, but excited. I mostly can't wait to hold my niece and nephews in my arms again. Have I mentioned that I love them? I love all my nieces and nephews. Nothing brings me as much joy in my life as my family does. They are all my little angels! I wish I could see them all more! And may I just add in here that I'm VERY protective of my family. I'm like a big mean dog when it comes to my family and protecting them.

I digress... Triathlon... I don't know if I'm ready. I'm not really in a good place mentally as of late. I dunno. I think I'm getting stronger and able to deal with things in my past, but then something brings me back down. I was starting to finally feel like I have a "voice" again. I felt like I wasn't left silent anymore. I'm still working on it. It's a work in progress for sure. It's not easy to be shut up for so long and then try and break that silence and go back to being "myself." I remember who I used to be and I like her. I wish I could just snap out of this silence I am in, but being shut up for so long became the new "me." At least I am trying I suppose.

Training for this tri has taken a toll on my body for sure. I haven't had to use my hard pain meds in months, but just a few days ago after a hard run I had to take one because of how bad my endo/cramps were. It's a weird pain and sort of different than my endo pain, but still feels the same (if that makes any sense.) I do feel better mentally when I run just not always physically.

I feel like this triathlon signifies a lot more than just running a triathlon. I feel like I've been tri-ing to get my life back. It's been something to work at that is hard for me, but each and every day I feel a little stronger. I know that I've over come a lot in my life so what is one measly triathlon. It's like nothing compared to some of the things I've been through.

I fly out Thursday and can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck on your Triathlon on Saturday. Remember to just have some fun with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I have absolutely no excuse NOT to train for a triathlon now. You did it while working crazy hospital hours and having to deal with all your crappy endo pain and heart worries, it sure makes my "it's hard to wake up early and run by myself" and "I'm tired and hate it when my lungs burn" complaints look pretty whimpy. I need to stop with the excuses and just do it. Thanks for the never-ending inspiration! I love you and hope you had blast visiting your sister.

    ReplyDelete